Sunday, February 20, 2011

Risen from the Ashes

OK, the bleeding has stopped, and I'm out of bathtub caulk.  Siding on the front porch (say "luh-NYE") is up, the wiring done.  OK, twice on that last:  I put a nail through a wire the first time and blew a fuse, but that was just one of those random things that even we experts sometimes encounter.  Furniture is purchased and placed.  Anticipating unprecedented public demand, I'll post pictures as soon as the artwork is done. (Betsi Burgess, where ARE you?)

So, what's wrong with this picture?  I can't even entertain on the lanai this week.  Why?  Because my 9-year-old granddaughter Katy insists on sleeping out there on an inflatable bed.  Sweet.

Newt

5 comments:

  1. I'm surprised the nail through the wire didn't blow a hole in your head. Yipes!

    Katy loves the lanai. Actually Katy loves Grandpa who built the lanai ... just for her.

    P.S. The cookies are coming. I'm treating carpal tunnel. It's been a painful two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipes! I'm surprised you didn't blow a hole in your brain when the nail hit the wire.


    Katy loves the lanai because Katy loves Grandpa who built the lanai...just for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brain? If I had a brain, I wouldn't have hit the wire. And, yeah, the lanai was for Katy.
    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI: I haven't forgotten the cookies. Carpal tunnel stopped me in my baking mission. Your cookies are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a sucker for cookies.

    ReplyDelete