Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another Thing You Don't Often See in the North

The Florida legislature gathers altogether too often in Tallahassee to consider new ways to deviate from the mean.  A debate is raging there today, as it has for the past three years, over whether to outlaw sex with animals.  It took the unfortunate death by accidental strangulation of a sweet young goat named Meg to bring this issue to light.

I swear I am not making this up.

I suppose I should say something clever, like how the supporters of sex with critters are being led by Meg's husband, Billy Joe Jim-Bob, but that would be wrong.

God, how my muse loves this place.

Newt

2 comments:

  1. And I thought the NY State legislators were wacko! Sex with critters is probably fine in NY state. There are plenty of old goats in the legislature and assembly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New York, Bah! Small potatoes. We have more legislators in jail than NY has legislators.

    ReplyDelete