Sunday, March 13, 2011

Writing Through Tears

I meant to compose a light romp through the vagaries of Florida life based on some curious things I have seen here lately.  But as I checked into the Internet, I clicked again on the news and again got caught up in the hundreds of images of devastation in Japan.  As much as I would like to get back to my carefree lifestyle here in my dotage, I just can't look away from the painful pictures.  Today's estimates of 10,000 dead must be pitifully low. 

In other news on the same website, this headline: "Users complain iPhone clock bungles time change."

Sadly

Newt

4 comments:

  1. I’ve always found this blog to be a good place to have one’s perspective properly aligned. Thanks Newt for keeping my tire wear even as I drive straight down the old highway of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even a metaphor that starts out OK can go bad as you stray down that old highway of life. Glad you found some value.
    Newt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remotely fathom the ultimate horror the Japanese people must have felt before being swept away into oblivion. Then there are the ones who are left behind to deal with the devastation. It's heartbreaking and certainly puts our daily troubles into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't watch anymore, it's all too too horrible. Like 911 and Katrina, our small little psyches can only take so much. Way too sad.

    ReplyDelete